Sunday, March 28, 2010

I know. It's not. I haven't. But still.

Sat, Mar 27, 2010 - 44.43 mi [Cycling]
44.43 mi in 02:47:46 hours at 15.89 mi/h on Orbea Volata. [Cycling] Ok, I know this is not the fastest time I've done @ this distance. I know I've done longer distances. I've probably even climbed more, but...... not this early in the year before. My fastest time @ 40+miles is 17+ but that was in Sept. not March. My speed today was second best, 6 months sooner. I've ridden further, faster, and more often than at anytime in the previous 2 years (god I love data!!). I'm hopeful this bodes well for the rest of year.


I'm also starting (emphasis on starting) to climb better. I'm not blowing up as often or as quickly, I'm taking it slower, turning lower cadence, taking it much steadier. I was able to keep up with my 2 companions until ~9 miles from the end. I could feel a bonk coming on as I came out of Tanglewood but I remembered to suck back hammergel just in time. While I felt on the verge of bonking the last 2 hills, I was able to put some pressure on the pedals. I think i missed the bonk by this much ->||<-

Overall, I felt good about today, I'm a little tired, the legs are quite wobbly but it's a good hurt. Ow.
Posted from My Cycling Log

No comments: