Friday, March 4, 2011

Red Letter Day

Did an endurance ride to finish off a hard but rewarding week

What a day yesterday!

1. Had my weight drop below clydesdale class for the first time in over 3 years.

2. Got permission from the wife to ride on a training ride with Winston-Salem's newest US Pro cycling team: Team Mountain Khakis.  Me and, it appears, 16+ others will ride with the team on a long (no drop) training ride and possibly get in some categorized climbing this Sunday.

3. Did an endurance ride to finish off a hard but rewarding week

Rode Centenary Church loop for the endurance ride to finish the training week. A well deserved rest day Friday. My legs were sore but less than last night so I'm taking that as a good sign. Workout called for 45 minutes between 74 and 81% MHR. Did that pretty well, typically just popping over at the crests of hills and under at the bottoms. Did better at keeping cadence in the 90+ range as well. However, my rhythm seems a little off the last few days. The smoothness that I was developing in the first mesocycle seems rocky. I'm hoping the recovery week plus the really hard efforts I put in this week are making my quads much stronger than the hamstrings. I'll watch this and see if it starts to smooth out next week. 

I was super stoked the entire day. I bounced around like some sort of giddy school girl. Maybe it as because I saw my toes for the first time in a long time :).

Distance: 32.1 km
Speed: 24.88 kmh
Cadence: 85 rpm
AVG HR: 149 bpm
Weight: 199.6 lbs

No comments: