Saturday, February 5, 2011

Ruminations

A fairly nondescript day on Thursday.

A 30 min endurance session with max HR @ 80%. Gearing 39-19, cadence 90. A little smaller gearing than laast time I did this session but last time I did not have the MOB workout the day before.

While riding, I was ruminating on Wednesday's workout. I'm either going a little too easy or it's time to up the gearing difficulty. My HR was under control. When I was spinning out @ 135 rpm the HR was 96%. That makes sense. When I was doing the TT interval, the HR settled in @ 93%. That makes sense. Each of these efforts were doable but were also capped by my desire to keep the burn in my legs to a minimum.

I've experienced a lot of the good burn lately and I'm realizing that I can handle it for longer than I though I could. For example, on the TT interval the burn plateaued @ the 2 minute mark but I was able to sustain and even raise the cadence on the last minute with no increase in HR or discomfort.

I think I'll start paying more attention to this in the future and play around with it.

Distance: 19.07 km

Speed:  22.88 kmh

Cadence:  93 rpm

AVG HR:  153 bpm

Weight:  203.6 lbs

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW, look at that weight!!!

DNA The Splice of Life said...

I was actually a little concerned it was coming off too fast. I didn't want my body to go into starvation survival mode. Luckily it stabilized and went up a little so I'm less freaked out now.