Thursday, January 13, 2011

Are you resting comfortably? Then we'll begin.

First night at this year's indoor turbo training sessions @ MOB. Unlike last year, when I started towards the last half of the sessions and just about died every single night, I was able to keep up with the intervals (I'm starting at the beginning this time after all). The only interval I could not hold was the 5 minute standing interval. I did my first 3 minute standing interval just last month and just about died. Tonight I was able to hold 4 minutes before resting 30 sec and finishing it off. I might have made it through but I lost track of how much time had past (is losing one's peripheral vision normal :) ?). I think if I had known 1 minute remained I would have found a way to stick it out.

Successful first peak day of the current cycle I think. Looking forward to more pain....

Distance: 22.41 km

Speed: 20.06 kmh

Cadence: 76 rpm

AVG HR: 175 bpm

Weight: 208.6 lbs (though I think this is artificially low since I did not take it @ my standard time. Fully expect it to be higher tomorrow.)

No comments: