Saturday, April 16, 2011

Full on Cadence

Windy Friday. I don't know how but I seemed to have a head wind both freakin' directions. I must have been in the eye of a storm or something. There was maybe a km or 2 when I had a tail wind.

Set out to do an endurance ride and maintain my cadence for the full duration. With the exception of slowing for intersections and maybe one or two other spots I was successful. I also maintained my spin up the hills and even spent a little practice out of the saddle @ 60-70 rpm. Those were OK but it is clear to me that these hills are way too short to really practice getting into a rhythm and learning how to dose my effort. Hanging rock is a definite must in the not too distant future.

Looking at the last time I rode 50K my average speed was the same which had me a little bummed but then I remembered that I had already ridden 70K in the previous two days while I had ridden just 40K the day before when I rode 50K in March. So I felt a little better.

Distance: 50.13 km
Speed:  27.39 kmh
Cadence:  85 rpm
AVG HR:  166 bpm
Weight:  201.2 lbs

No comments: